work exchange program
The vibrant artistic environment of The Clay Studio provides Work Exchange Program members with a chance to experience first-hand the life of a working artist, an arts administrator and an arts educator within a non-profit arts community.
The Work Exchange Program is a self-directed, independent study educational program that provides its participants with unlimited access to a shared studio, as well as, affordable materials, firings, critiques and development opportunities to help them achieve their objectives as an artist. In exchange each individual provides 40 hours a month of support and is responsible for various tasks needed to maintain a functioning ceramics studio. Tasks are varied but some examples include studio maintenance, customer service, assisting special events, glaze preparation, kiln operation, teaching, community outreach, gallery experience and sales.
Applicants to The Clay Studio's Work Exchange Program should be ceramic graduates or artists interested in furthering their ceramic education and portfolio development. This is an incredible opportunity for artists to join a supportive educational environment while building their resume and portfolio.
Application ProcessNo slides will be accepted for review, ONLY DIGITAL IMAGES.
A complete application must include the following:
- a completed application form [90K PDF] in hardcopy
- a resume in hard copy
- artist statement in hard copy
- a personal statement (tell us everything you want us to know about yourself including your reasons for applying) in hard copy
- a disc with 10 digital image .jpeg files at 72 dpi, with the image's longest dimension not exceeding 700 pixels. Each image file should be labeled as follows: imagenumberyourfirstinitialandlastname.jpeg, Example: 1jdoe.jpeg, 2jdoe.jpeg, ect.
- a corresponding image list in hard copy that includes the following: image number, title, medium, size, and date.
NO DISCS WILL BE RETURNED AND NOTIFICATION WILL BE MADE VIA EMAIL.
There is no application fee.
Please contact the Director of Education & Operations, Jennifer Martin at 215.925.3453, x16 or email email@example.com if you have any further questions.